Thursday, January 11, 2018

Why I Wear a Headcovering Part 2

Before I continue with my post I want to ask you all to pray for the residents back in Montecito, CA. As you probably heard Tuesday's rain storm caused terrible flooding and mudslides. As of today seventeen people lost their lives and there are still people missing including an entire family.  KETY news in Santa Barbara has been releasing names of victims as they become available and quite honestly I'm afraid of seeing the full casualty list when it is released. We know a few families there because our children all used to take music classes together.
Montecito may be home to some  wealthy people  but not all that live there are but nevertheless they all need our prayers.
 Thank you ladies
__________________________________________________________________________
So like I said last time, I couldn't understand why it was such a big deal over a piece of fabric on a woman's head.
I struggled with that and wondered if I had indeed lost my marbles but then that would mean Tim had lost his too since we both believed in 1 Corinthians 11.
But we both continued to seek the Lord in this issue and we just knew that wearing a headcovering was the right thing to do.
At that time the only congregations that we knew where the women covered were Conservative Mennonites so we were able to visit a few times and have made life-long friends.

On my headcovering online group which has ladies from many denominations, nearly all the ladies are lone coverers in their church. I met a fellow blogger here in AZ  who covers and lives just a few miles from here and I've made friends with some Mennonite ladies who live about an hour away.

I want to say this. I love ALL my Christian sisters and it doesn't matter if she wears a covering or not. I don't care if she has long hair or short hair or no hair at all. We are all sisters in the Lord.

I hope this post has helped and if anyone has questions please post in the comments below. I will do my best to answer your questions.


Moving My Blog

 After still trying to figure out the subscription thing with MailChimp and never having success, I've decided to go ahead and use my Wo...