Wednesday, December 23, 2020

Are You Glad He Came? Christmas

I'm sorry for the long absence. I've been pondering about what to write regarding Jesus and His birth. Our church has been going through the book of Luke for about a year now because our pastor doesn't rush through a book. He takes us verse by verse and really explains it. My small ladies' Bible study is going through the book of Matthew and my husband's men's Bible is going through the book of Mark. As we study more and more about Jesus and His ministry the more I'm so glad He came. I've been reading for the past few days a YouVersion Bible app devotional called "The Songs Tell the Story: An Advent Devotional. Each day it gives a history of a Christmas carol we sing at church. As I read about each song's history and what the writer was going on in his or her life at the time and caused me to really think about what I was singing. I felt challenged by the lyrics to "Hark the Herald Angels Sing", the last stanza in particular: 

Hail the Heav'n born Prince of Peace
Hail the Son of Righteousness!
Light and life to all He brings
Ris'n with healing in His wings
Mild He lays His glory by
Born that man no more may die
Born to raise the sons of earth
Born to give them second birth
Hark! the herald angels sing:
"Glory to the newborn King!"

Ladies, Jesus came as a humble little baby who grew up. He taught the disciples. He healed the sick and raised people from the dead. He died a terrible death but was raised on the third day.  Jesus did this all for us because He loved ( and still does!) and paid for our sin. 


So our family will celebrate the birth of Jesus. We will remember His death on the cross and we will rejoice that He rose from the dead.

So are YOU glad He came?
_________________________________________________________________________________________
This is the not so fun part of my post.  I've seen over the years Christian bloggers being shamed by commenters  because they choose to celebrate Christmas. 
Our family, as I mentioned above will be celebrating Christmas and I would kindly ask 
that comments not be left about how wrong we are.
And to keep  the peace  such comments will not be allowed to go through. 

Moving My Blog

 After still trying to figure out the subscription thing with MailChimp and never having success, I've decided to go ahead and use my Wo...