Thursday, April 21, 2011

Maundy Thursday

This day represents The Last Supper. Here is today's hymn marking that day,
http://www.hymntime.com/tch/htm/b/h/o/bhonthee.htm
Bread of Heav’n on Thee we feed,


For Thy flesh is meat indeed:

Ever may our souls be fed

With this true and living Bread;

Day by day with strength supplied,

Through the life of Him who died.



Vine of Heav’n, Thy blood supplies

This blest cup of sacrifice,

Lord, Thy wounds our healing give,

To Thy cross we look and live:

Jesus, may we ever be

Grafted, rooted, built in Thee.



Con­der’s orig­in­al text:



Bread of Heav’n! on Thee I feed,

For Thy flesh is meat indeed.

Ever may my soul be fed

With this true and living bread;

Day by day with strength supplied,

Through the life of Him who died.



Vine of Heav’n! Thy blood supplies

This blest cup of sacrifice.

’Tis Thy wounds my healing give:

To Thy cross I look and live.

Thou my life! oh, let me be

Rooted, grafted, built on Thee.

Moving My Blog

 After still trying to figure out the subscription thing with MailChimp and never having success, I've decided to go ahead and use my Wo...