Sunday, January 1, 2012

Happy New Year!

Can you believe it really is 2012? Time sure does fly!
Well as usual I post some of  my goals for 2012 that Lord willing I will achieve this year. Here they are in no particular order:
  • Draw closer to the Lord by reflecting on what He has done in my life and the lives of my family members and by devoting more time to His word and prayer.
  • Read the entire Bible in a year. This is over and above the assigned reading in the Beside the Still Waters devotion book and scheduled reading in 1 Corinthians  when Pastor starts the series at the end of January. There will be a study guide with lessons that correspond with what he will be preaching on the following Sunday.
  • Read one account each week of a faithful martyr from The Martyrs Mirror. Reading these accounts makes me appreciate the freedoms I have to worship the Lord freely without persecution. The stories also encourage my heart even though many of the accounts are hard to read because of the graphic nature described  of their suffering.
  • Get my house more organized and cleaned, Right now it is a complete mess but I hope to change all that.
  • Improve my homeschooling skills
  • Spend less time in front of the television. I'm really starting to really hate television so I'm hoping this to spend less time and I want to encourage my family to do the same
  • Practice my alto recorder at least four times a week
  • Do some sewing a least twice a month if not more. I'm afraid this is all I can realistically do. I don't sew very well but I want to try to do more sewing. This will help to increase my skills so that I'm not fearful of trying something new.
That's it and so Lord willing I will have accomplished all of these at the end of the year.

Moving My Blog

 After still trying to figure out the subscription thing with MailChimp and never having success, I've decided to go ahead and use my Wo...