Tuesday, January 12, 2021

What I Will Be Reading Instead

 In my last post I wrote about being cautious about what we read in the media. One of my goals this year is to read books. I've always had a passion for reading.

So Lord willing,  here are few books I hope to read or I'm actually reading this year. I was going to snap pictures of them all with the tablet but saw it was too much trouble. Of course I will read my Bible. That's part of my quiet time with the Lord. Also you will find I'm one of those people who have more than one book going. I crochet the same way. I have several crochet projects going at the same time.😊

Physical Books:

Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen- I'm reading this right now.

Pilgrims Progress by John Bunyan 

Anne of Green Gables by Lucy Maud Montgomery - My 20 year old wants me to read this to her like I did when she and her sisters were little.  Our copy is well worn and loved. Anne of Green Gables is my favorite children's book.

A Gown of Spanish Lace by Janette Oke. I don't usually read Janette Oke books but this was on my bookshelf and never read. Another book I'm reading at the same time as another book.

Kindle Books:

I really prefer books I can touch but when I saw I could download Kindle for Sansung devices I couldn't resist.

The Pursuit of God by A.W. Tozer and yes I'm in the middle of reading this one too.

The Secret -of the Strength- What Would the Anabaptists Tell This Generation? by Peter Hoover. This book is not just an Anabaptist history book but Peter encourages Christ-followers to put into practice the teacohings of Jesus.

Weight Loss God's Way Bible Study and Devotional by Cathy Morenzie.  I downloaded this book last year but never got around to reading it.

Speaking From My Sock by Victor S.E. Moubarak - A collection of humorous stories and anecdotes. Victor blogs over at Time for Reflections


Audio books:

I never in a million years thought I would like audio books because I love reading but last week I signed up for an Audible free trial and it's like being little again and someone is reading to you. Also I can listen to book while I crochet.

Anne of Green Gables because why not?😊

Yesterday I signed but for Scribd two month free trial which has both ebooks and audiobooks:

The Excellent Wife by Martha Peace. I read this a few years ago and loved it.

Having a Martha Home the Mary Way- 31 Days to a Clean House by Sara Mae

Seeking Allah. Finding Jesus by Nabeel Qureshi. A devout Muslim shares his encounter with Christianity.   I've been wanting to read Nabeel testimony of how he became a Christian for a long time and I'm excited for the chance to read it. Sadly Nabeel passed away in 2017 from cancer leaving behind a wife and child.


And that's my partial list of books. If I get through all these books more will be added to the list.

Moving My Blog

 After still trying to figure out the subscription thing with MailChimp and never having success, I've decided to go ahead and use my Wo...