Monday, November 5, 2012

Singing in Church

I read an article in a recent issue of Calvary Messenger and the article was on the subject of singing at church. The title of the article is "Melody in Your Heart" by Timothy J. Meyers of Keysville,GA. The main point of the article was what is our focus when we are singing. Are we focusing on the music? Are we thinking about how good or not so good our singing is? Do we get irritated with singing the same songs? Do we get distracted while singing?

 I confess I sometimes get distracted during our singing time. I'll wonder if a song should be sung faster or slower. I get irritated if a song tune is changed from the original and I could go on.
After reading Timothy's article I really need to sing from my heart. Keeping my focus on the Lord and the words that I am singing. I believe this will bring honor to the Lord.

Moving My Blog

 After still trying to figure out the subscription thing with MailChimp and never having success, I've decided to go ahead and use my Wo...