Thursday, June 29, 2017

Make Singing Part of Your Praying Time

Good afternoon dear ladies! Summer is going strong here witn temperatures in the mid to upper 90s.
Lately I've been singing as part of my devotion/ prayer time. I have several hymnals that I like to sing from. My favorite one is Hymns of the Church compiled by John D. Martin. There are many classic hymns and the text is large.  I appreciate that the most! I also use The Christian Hymnary compiled by John D. Overholt.

Anyway, I  think singing is a wonderful way to start your private time with the Lord. The nice thing about it the Lord doesn't care if you sound like a cat in pain! Just sing for Him!
I've found that by singing, it really gets me focused on God and what He has to say to me. As I mentioned I have hymnals because I personally prefer hymns over today's contemporary Christian music. Don't get me wrong, there are a few really good contemporary Christian songs out there. I love Ten Thousand Reasons and In Christ Alone. But the old hymns just has sometning today's Christian music just doesn't have. Even today's black gospel music, which I grew up listening to, just can't compare to Mahalia Jackson, Rev. James Cleveland and others of their era.

I hope you dear sisters will include whatever style of Christian music you like in your prayer and devotion with God. I really believe it helps to prepare your heart for that special time with Him.

Moving My Blog

 After still trying to figure out the subscription thing with MailChimp and never having success, I've decided to go ahead and use my Wo...