Sunday, June 25, 2017

When God Seems Slow

Lately when I've been going into my war room, I look at my prayer board and I get discouraged. On one side I have all these sticky notes of prayers requests. That side is practicully full. I've had to crowd some of the sticky notes for everyone I'm praying for.
The other side is answered prayer sticky notes. The answered prayer side is though not empty, it is noticably less full. Actually there are only about six answered prayer sticky notes.
When I see that, I  wonder why is God taking so long to answer my prayers or if He is even going to answer them.
 I confess at times I feel like Veruca Salt from Willie Wonka and the Chocolate Factory. She always wanted things NOW! Okay perhaps that's a bit extreme but I you get the picture.
I'm afraid that patience is not a fruit of the Spirit I possess. I hear people jokingly say  "Never pray for patience!" But I genuinely need to pray that way.  I want to pray with expectation but avoiding the whole "Name it! Claim it" doctrine or even worse Word-Faith doctrine.
So I wait. I wait patiently for the Lord to move according to His will. I think that is something we all need to do.

Moving My Blog

 After still trying to figure out the subscription thing with MailChimp and never having success, I've decided to go ahead and use my Wo...