Saturday, February 10, 2018

Silly Things I Believed When I Was Little

I want to thank you all again for your sweet comments regarding my friend's homegoing. They were precious to me!

I watched a YouTube  video last week about silly things we believed when we were children so I will share ten silly things I believed when I was little starting at number 10. * Denotes things my parents told us and they were so convincing too!

10. If you are being chased by a snake, they will "stand up" and look for you.*

9.Thunder is actually God bowling with the angels and if the thunder is loud, God made a strike.

8. People lived in the tv and radio. I used to look in the back of the television trying to find the people. The tubes used to confuse me because I thought perhaps the people were hiding.

7. When my dad was driving and he would pass the sign that says " Do Not Pass" I was terrified we would either get into an accident or he would get a ticket for passing by that sign.

6. If I swallowed any kind of seed it would grow in my stomach.*

5. I was totally convinced my parents were lying about us ever being babies when they showed us our baby pictures. And oh the horror of finding out we were born naked!

4. I thought tornadoes were like the one in Wizard of Oz so I wanted to be in one so it would land at Disneyland.

3. I was convinced the actors on tv had something wrong with them because everytime I saw them they looked completely different.

2. Japan was home to monsters like Godzilla.* I was terrified Godzilla would make his way to Los Angeles.

1. Sunflowers ate people.  This was a result from watching scary movies with my parents and there was always the man eating plant that looked like a sunflower!😮

Bonus-  B.B. King was our long lost cousin *.  Every time my parents put on a B.B. King record, we would say " Cousin B.B.!" I was hoping he would come visit us sometime but of course he never did.


So how about you dear friends? Are there any silly things you believed as a child? Please share in the comments below or in your blog.

Moving My Blog

 After still trying to figure out the subscription thing with MailChimp and never having success, I've decided to go ahead and use my Wo...