Friday, March 23, 2018

The Simple Woman's Daybook

                                                 For Today
Looking Out My Window..
It's actually looking and feeling like spring!

I'm thinking... I should type this post really fast before my internet goes away!

I'm thankful ... we are getting spring finally.

One of my favorite things... is Tea Time Magazine with a cup of tea!

I am wearing ... a jumper with white shirt, a white hanging veil and slippers

I am creating... a crocheted dishcloth in honor of National Crochet Month

I am reading... Fragrant Whiffs of Joy by Dorcas Smucker. It takes me awhile to get through a book because I get so busy. I started this book a few months ago.


I am hoping... my internet will continue to work while I'm  writing this post.


I'm  learning... how to do tunisian crocheting  which use a hook with a stopper on the end like knitting needle. I'm also learning double ended crocheting which uses a crochet hook that has a hook at both ends.

In the kitchen... are a couple of bags of dried beans to be pressure canned tomorrow 

Shared Quote
"If you're happy and you know it, tell your face". -My husband
So a little backstory about the quote. At Christmas  time, Tim and I  were at Trader Joes in search  of mini baked brie bites. Tim had been ahead of me and I  was totally focused on my mission. Well I guess I was so fixated  with looking for the mini brie bites I had an unintentional  frown. A little old lady who was passing by me says " Merry Christmas!" She told me I  had a frown and she felt I  needed some cheer. I apologized and explained I was deep in thought looking for something.
When I caught up with Tim, I told him what happened and that's  when  said the above quote

A moment from my day...
This is the crocheted dishcloth I'm working on. This is what tunisian crocheting looks like. The stitches look like knitting. The hook was part of a set of hooks from a book called I Taught Myself to Crochet.  The book referred to it as an afghan hook. Now you are going to fall over laughing but I didn't know an afghan hook was also a tunisian hook! Remember a few posts I was looking for something called Easy Tunisian Crochet hooks? And I couldn't understand why people kept telling me I can find them online? Okay now I'm falling over with laughter! But I thought all tunisian hooks looked like the ones I had posted. Okay enough about that. Here is also a picture of a double ended crochet hook aka cro-hook. Tunisian and cro-hook crochet a similar. 

Post Script... If you want to create your own TSW Daybook follow the link below with instructions and complete list of prompts 
http://thesimplewoman.blogspot.com/p/httpthesimplewoman.html
Be sure to link up with Peggy. She is the  original creator of The Simple Woman's Daybook

Moving My Blog

 After still trying to figure out the subscription thing with MailChimp and never having success, I've decided to go ahead and use my Wo...