Thursday, March 15, 2018

Being Martha When We Want to Be Mary

Hello dear friends! I apologize for my absence. I've been busy the past few days.  Anyways, I'm here!
Okay so I'm sure you are all familiar with the passage from Luke 10:38-42. Jesus has come to Martha and Mary's house.  Mary is sitting at the feet of Jesus while poor Martha is busy trying to serve a proper meal to Jesus. She complains to Jesus that Mary isn't helping her. Jesus responds beautifully  in verse 41-42 "Martha, Martha, thou art careful and troubled about many things: 42 But one thing is needful: and Mary hath chosen that good part, which shall not be taken away from her."

Now I have to admit, when I first read this passage many years ago, I sided with Martha. I thought that Mary was being rude and she needed to help her sister. I mean Jesus is your Guest and shouldn't you be practicing hospitality?

How many of us have felt like Martha in our quiet time with the Lord? I know I have. I have found myself becoming a clock watcher lately and trying to rush through my time with the Lord.  I start thinking about my " to do" list and wondering if I will get everything done.
I need to be more like Mary.  Mary concerned herself with  spending time with Jesus. I want to be more like her.  Charles Stanley wrote in a devotion I read recently about spending "unhurried " time with God and and His Word.
Lord help us all to be more like Mary!

Moving My Blog

 After still trying to figure out the subscription thing with MailChimp and never having success, I've decided to go ahead and use my Wo...