Monday, August 6, 2018

Blog Technical Question

I hope some of you techy people can answer this question. I noticed that sometimes I will get this weird( in my opinion) amount of views to a post. I also noticed in my stats there will be odd referring sites or odd referring URLs.
I'm not worried about it but was curious if this happens to other bloggers. I wonder if some of the pageviews could come from spammers but when they see my blog is moderated they leave. I have had a couple of people try to spammer me but I delete their comments.

That reminds me. I believe there is a scam going on that is targeting Christian bloggers. A person claiming to be a pastor from a foreign country will comment that he is excited to have found the particular blog he is commenting on. He will go on to say that he would love it if the person whose blog he would come get involved in his  "ministry"  and he leaves his email address. The person by his comments, I can tell, doesn't even read the post he's commenting on. I've seen this type of comment on a couple of blogs in the last year and I wonder if it's something new. Maybe something similar to the scam emails that are still going by people claiming they are stuck in a foreign country and they want to transfer this ridiculous amount of money in your bank account but they just want to steal your money.
Anyway, didn't mean to go off on a different subject.

Moving My Blog

 After still trying to figure out the subscription thing with MailChimp and never having success, I've decided to go ahead and use my Wo...