Monday, August 20, 2018

Monday and Blueberry Crumble Bars

I can't believe that summer is flying by so quickly. Some schools have started already (August 6th here). Not me! My homeschool is starting the day after Labor Day. Who wants to start the fall semester in summer?
At Bible study last week we talked about making visitors at our church feel welcome. One thing that our family pastor said that really struck a cord with me is to avoid being a Pharisee and not act "holier than thou ". And not not look down our noses at people who are different.

I don't usually have that problem but I'm going to confess something that frankly I'm rather ashamed to admit.
Just before Aretha Franklin passed away, (I miss that magnificent voice already!) the media was reporting how various celebs were visting her and some were tweeting they were praying for her.
Well, after reading all that I was like " Do these ungodly people think God is going to listen to them?" Then there was  " When was the last time you even stepped into a church?"  attitude.

Ouch! I honestly felt like the two men who went to pray, where one was a Pharisee and the other a tax collector.( Luke 18:10-13)
You know the story. The Pharisee thought he " was all that and a bag of chips" because he did things he thought pleased God and he was glad he wasn't like "like other people" including the tax collector.   The tax collector was humble and didn't even feel worthy enough to come before God. He asked God for mercy for he was a sinner. Scripture doesn't say what the tax collector did that that made him feel so unworthy he wouldn't even look up to heaven.

I told Tim about my not so Christlike thoughts about some of the celebrities that claimed they were praying for Aretha. He explained that God does hear their prayers and it's possible that perhaps this is a step towards getting right with Him. I knew I needed to ask the Lord for forgiveness and I admit, it's hard to not judge some of these celebrities because of their immoral bevaviors. Oh but I'm trying.

Anyway, I mentioned blueberry crumble bars. I made this today and it was so delicious!

You can find the recipe here Blueberry Crumble Bars

Moving My Blog

 After still trying to figure out the subscription thing with MailChimp and never having success, I've decided to go ahead and use my Wo...