Saturday, December 22, 2018

Post With No Name

I couldn't think of a title for this post so it's a post with no name. I mailed batch of Christmas cards yesterday through  a Christmas card exchange group. This group consists of members of a snail mail pen pal group I'm a part of.  So through that group, I sent out thirty cards to U.S. addresses and one card to Chile.  While I was writing out cards, I had the television on to the old Dennis the Menace show from the 1960s. Some of you might remember watching it. Anyway, it was a Christmas episode and Mr. Wilson was complaining  to his wife about sending a bunch of Christmas cards but not getting as many back as they sent out. The scene made me laugh because, I secretly wondered how many cards I would get back.

I don't mind actually not getting as many Christmas cards as I sent. The coordinator told us we may not receive as many cards as we sent out. As a matter of fact we weren't required to send to everyone on the list but I thought it would be fun to send a card to all the U.S. ladies and at least one foreign lady on the exchange list.
 I couldn't afford the cost of postage to all the ladies on the list who live in foreign countries so I chose Chile.
It's been a number of years since I even sent Christmas cards so doing this was a nice way to get back into the tradition. I don't have the patience to write a Christmas letter. Most of my friends read my blog and know what's going on anyway.

I'm so excited our oldest daughter, Miranda is flying in from California to visit for Christmas.  We haven't seen her in a year so we are looking forward to her visit. We also have our  "adopted daughter" Grace visiting from Texas. She's Miranda's friend and we call her adopted because when she visits, she crashes at our home for a few days. We let her know she is always welcome at our home, especially when she doesn't have a chance to visit her own family in Washington.

Well it's getting late and I need to take my medicine and go to bed so if this post doesn't make sense it's because I'm so tired.

Moving My Blog

 After still trying to figure out the subscription thing with MailChimp and never having success, I've decided to go ahead and use my Wo...