Thursday, December 6, 2018

Thoughts

I watched both the state and Texas funerals for President Bush.  I will say that I was especially impressed with thes state funeral. I never realized that he was a man of great faith . There  was something said at President Bush's state funeral by his family pastor that went something like "Preach the gospel always, and when necessary, use words."  Now I'm sure I quoted him wrong but nevertheless I was inspired to do just that.  I hope that when people see me they Jesus.

The music at both funerals was wonderful but my absolute favorite was  "How Firm a Foundation" the military band played as the casket was being carried to the burial site. Have you ever heard it? If not, then you can find it at The Cyberhymnal  including other great old hymns.

One thing I'm sure that blessed the Bush family, was the many people that came out in the rain today to pay their respects along the very long train route carrying President Bush's body.  I would have imagined it was probably overwhelming to them to see such love poured out for our former president. It brought tears to my eyes that's for sure.

Well I feel a ramble coming on so I better end this. If you didn't get a chance to watch either funeral, I encourage you to watch one or both. The Texas funeral is shorter than the state one.

Moving My Blog

 After still trying to figure out the subscription thing with MailChimp and never having success, I've decided to go ahead and use my Wo...