Friday, February 15, 2019

Rest

So my post isn't about physical rest though it is very important  to get a good night's sleep. I just wanted to share a picture of our cat Kirstie and the verse that Bible Lens from YouVersion Bible App generated. Have you tried the YouVersion Bible app? There are read through the Bible reading plans, various version of the Bible to download  and most recently the Bible Lens where if you take a picture using the  Bible Lens app, it will generate a a verse based on your photo. I think it's the neatest thing since chocolate!


I hadn't really planned on having a personal "word" of the year. I've seen many ladies in blogland  have a word that they want to focus on for the year.  Words such as patience, respect, prayer,  and quietness are just a few of the words some ladies are focusing on.

Honestly, I've  never been one to do anything "because everyone else is doing it".  I'm just not that type of person. Then my Homemaker's Friend Planner arrived on my birthday in December that has different themes each year. One  the cover was  "Rest in the Lord and wait patiently for Him."_ Psalm 37:7.
Then it hit me! The word  "rest".

You see I worry .  I find myself getting impatient with God. I stress out over things. Like trying to figure what to say in this post.
Yesterday* I looked up what God in His Word has to say about rest. These are a few scriptures I found including the verse I mentioned above:

Matthew 11:28- Come unto me all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.

Acts 2:26- Therefore did my heart rejoice, and my tongue was glad; moreover also my flesh shall rest in hope.  ( See also Psalm 16:8-9)

1 Peter 5:7- Casting all your cares upon Him, for He careth  for you.

2 Corinthians 12:9- And He said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength  is made perfect in weakness.  Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities that the power of Christ may rest upon me.

Nahum 1:7- The Lord is good, a strong hold in the day of trouble; and He knoweth them that trusts in Him.

There are many more verses but I just put a few here because there are too many to put in one post.

As I read each verse I was seeing a common theme about trusting in God and His desire that we rely on Him and not  focus on our circumstances.  You see, when we get so focused on what's bothering us, we take our eyes off of the Lord ( or at least I do) and  we get restless and weary.
 God wants us to rest in Him and give our cares to Him no matter how big or small the problem is.

I want to encourage you all to have time for prayer and reading the Bible. It's so easy for us women to get so busy with our day, we forget to have that time alone with Him. Make sure to have a pen and notebook or a journal to write down thoughts that come to mind as you read.
I hope this little post has helped someone who might be going through a restless period.

* I started writing this post on Monday hoping to post it on Tuesday.


Moving My Blog

 After still trying to figure out the subscription thing with MailChimp and never having success, I've decided to go ahead and use my Wo...