Monday, February 25, 2019

Thoughts on Psalm 23-Post Will Be Long!

                                    Psalm 23
1.The Lord is my Shepherd,
I shall not want.

2 He maketh  me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth
me beside the still waters.

3. He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness
    for his name's sake.

4.Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death,
I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; the rod and they staff comfort me.

5. Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies: thou anointest my head with with oil; my cup runneth over.

6. Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and
I will dwell in the house of the Lord  for ever.


Psalm 23 is one of the most beloved and well known Psalms in the Bible but
 to be honest I used to avoid it. It's not that I disliked it or anything but because I had always associated it with death and funerals.
However, the Lord revealed to me some beautiful truths about this Psalm I would like to share with you.

1. Jesus is the Good Shepherd and we are His sheep. He takes care of  all our needs.

2. We rest in know that Jesus gives us rest and that He gives us Living Water. With His water we shall never thirst.( Remember the Samaritan woman at the well? John 4:7-15)

3. God is always ready to welcome us back when we have wandered and puts us back on the right path.  He comforts our souls when we feel we can't make it another day.

4. This world is a dark place.  Just look around at what's happening in the world around us. Satan is out to steal, kill and destroy. But God is with us and we have no reason to fear. Now that does not mean we should test God by acting like " Don't Mess With Me a I'm Saved Woman!"  and putting ourselves in danger on purpose. That's just foolish!
Another thing we need to remember that as  Christians we will be persecuted for our faith.  It's not just in countries where it's illegal to practice or share Christ. It's also happening here in the U.S.
People persecuted on the job,  at school, by neighbors, people mocking our faith through mean blog comments etc, etc.
God is there for us through our during our dark times. Whether it be loss (death of a loved one, job, divorce, etc) a church split, child leaving the faith or whatever trial you are experiencing He is right by your side and He will walk you through it.
I forgot to mention  in regards to being persecuted Paul tells us in Romans:
Romans 8:36  "As it is written, For Thy sake; we are killed all the day long; we are accounted as sheep for the slaughter".
We need to stay strong in our faith through prayer and reading  the Word.

5. The Lord's blessings are so numerous they are overflowing! The blessing of our salvation is something our enemy cannot take from us!

6. God pursues us with His unfailing love and His mercy and one day He will take us Home to glory to be with Him forever.  We need to share God's goodness and mercy by sharing our testimony with others so they too can one day be with Him.

So those are some  things I have learned from Psalm 23. There is more I could write but this post is long already but I hope it encourages someone. Have a blessed day!

Moving My Blog

 After still trying to figure out the subscription thing with MailChimp and never having success, I've decided to go ahead and use my Wo...