Friday, March 19, 2021

Women of Faith Corrie ten Boom

 This week I want to talk about Corrie ten Boom who wrote The Hiding Place which she shares about her  Christian family helping  Jews escape the Nazis before before they were eventually caught and arrested were sent to a concentration camp.

Despite her circumstances Carrie was able to share her faith in Christ and encourage the other ladies there. And what I found exciting is many ladies got saved as a result of her and her sister Betsie sharing their faith and having Bible studies with the Bible Corrie  was able to sneak in.

Sadly Corrie was the only member of her family to survive the Nazi death camp. Both her father and sister had become ill and died.  Corrie was released from the death camp due to a "clerical error"  which I don't know what that was but I do know that God definitely had His plans for her after her release.  A week after her release all the women in her age group were murdered by the Nazis in the gas chambers.

After her release, Corrie went on to continue serving the Lord and authoring several books including as mentioned The Hiding Place which was made into a movie. 

Carrie ten Boom graduated to her eternal reward on April 15th 1983 on her 91st birthday.

I really would like to encourage you if you get a chance to read The Hiding Place and be sure to have a box of tissues handy.


Moving My Blog

 After still trying to figure out the subscription thing with MailChimp and never having success, I've decided to go ahead and use my Wo...