Monday, March 1, 2021

Women's History Month- Harriet Tubman

 March is Women's History  Month. Last year I attempted to write posts on godly women instead of political figures but COVID caused  our state to be shut down and I  was preoccupied with all that was going on at the time. I would like to try again by this month by writing a post each week by a woman of faith. I don't want to post about political women's figures because most of them have ungodly lifestyles or have political views that go against the Word of God.

This week the spotlight  is on Harriet Tubman. I had no idea she had a strong faith in God.  In school we only focused on her rescuing slaves and her Underground Railroad. From what I read about her life she trusted God to lead her and keep her and the slaves safe. She and none of the slaves she rescued were ever caught. If they had been they would most certainly be hanged. There are many resources available to learn more  about this remarkable woman. I just finished reading a historical fiction novel called  The Tubman Train by Doug Peter which I highly recommend. 


Moving My Blog

 After still trying to figure out the subscription thing with MailChimp and never having success, I've decided to go ahead and use my Wo...