Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Bread Making

I got together with a friend on Monday to try our hand at making bread without a bread machine for the first time.
We watched the first part of The Art of Breadmaking first then while the bread was on it's first rise we watched the remainder of the DVD.

We had a lot of fun and I encourage you all to try to make bread. I think it's more fun when you try it with a friend.
I was so encouraged by the success of the bread I made at my friend's house that I bought some loaf pans and made another loaf at home.
Then it occurred to me that we should have taken pictures of our first loaves of bread. Oh well.

So now I have dough rising for bread to go with the pot roast cooking in the crockpot. I hope I have success with this loaf. This will be a basic white loaf. It's not the healthiest but I'm still experimenting and learning the whole breadmaking process.

I will post later with the reults of this latest loaf of bread.

Moving My Blog

 After still trying to figure out the subscription thing with MailChimp and never having success, I've decided to go ahead and use my Wo...