Thursday, June 10, 2010

On Beiing Older and Learning From Younger Women

I have found that for some reason much of what I have learned about being a godly wife and mother have come from younger women.
I learned about headcovering from a younger mom. I learned about submission and reverence for my husband from a younger friend.
This is totally the opposite of what the Bible teaches in Titus 2 where it says "the aged women" are to be teaching the younger to love their husbands and children, be a keeper at home etc.

Mind you I'm 49 years old and I've been married 16 years and I still learning these things. I find myself wondering if I have any wisdom to help a younger wife and mom struggling in her God given role.
I wish I had the wisdom of Nancy Campbell of Above Rubies who is definitely a Titus 2 woman or the wisdom of younger mom Michelle Duggar.

As I look at what I just wroteI'm thinking "Why am I comparing myself to other moms?" In my Christian life I will always be learning whether it be from younger women or older. All of us are always learning and growing. God can even use a child to encourage us in our Christian walk.

Moving My Blog

 After still trying to figure out the subscription thing with MailChimp and never having success, I've decided to go ahead and use my Wo...