Wednesday, September 21, 2011

More Ramblings from Me

My daughter is watching a movie called "The Conspirator' which is based on the true story of Mary Surratt who was accused of helping to plot the assassination of Abraham Lincoln. She was found guilty and was hung though she maintained she was innocent. She was the first woman to be executed by the U.S. federal government.
Today there is a man in Georgia on death row Troy Davis who is set to be executed tonight unless he gets a stay of execution. He says he innocent of killing a police officer in 1989 and so do many of his supporters say he is innocent.
He has supporters from all over the globe including the Pope, former President Jimmy Carter and a former FBI director to name a few. So what is the point of my post today?

I don't know if Troy Davis is guilty or if Mary Surrat was guilty. Only they and God knows what really happened. I often wonder how many prisoners over the years have been put to death who were actually innocent?
What does Jesus mean when he tells us not to kill? If someone killed one of my loved ones, would I want the wrong person executed? Would I want the right person executed? Would Jesus want him executed?
Just some thoughts I was having and I just read that the State Supreme court has denied Troy's request for a stay so he will be executed tonight.
May God have mercy on his soul and that of the executioners souls for that matter.

Moving My Blog

 After still trying to figure out the subscription thing with MailChimp and never having success, I've decided to go ahead and use my Wo...