Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Oh the Joy of Harvest and More

Yesterday Kaitlyn and I harvested some of our mini pumpkins and we are so excited. This is our first year doing pumpkins and we have many other plants to harvest such as peppers, cucumbers and tomatoes.
We are grateful for the harvest of our first year of gardening. God is good.

I wish it were time for our orange tree but it won't produce fruit until next year. We are definitely excited about that! Our family loves oranges and I can see smoothies in our future!

Lately in our neighborhood I've seen an increased numbers of skateboarders and bicycles. It would appear that with the high cost of gas many people are using alternate modes of transportation. Many of these boarders are older dads in their late thirties and early forties.

I honestly don't blame these people. If it were possible for us, we would definitely use bikes or skateboards to get around. It would look rather funny though for a family of skateboarders to show up for church on Sunday mornings. LOL
Our pastor and his family live just a few blocks from church so they cut down on their gas usage by walking to church except when the weather is bad.

Awhile back I posted about my faith being tested about an issue that I and a family member share.
She assured me that we were correct about what we believe because the Bible confirms it.

My concern was about children and their salvation. I do not believe that a young child who dies is going to hell because he or she didn't accept Christ into their heart as their Lord and Savior before they passed away. We as Christian parents however are to instruct our children about the Lord and what He did on the cross. We need to be godly examples to them.

To be continued...

Moving My Blog

 After still trying to figure out the subscription thing with MailChimp and never having success, I've decided to go ahead and use my Wo...