Friday, June 8, 2018

Book Review: Just Open the Door


Jen Schmidt wife, mom and author shares how you can change a generation with something as simple as an invitation .
What I liked about this book: Jen is really down to earth in her writing. She gives practical and doable ideas for practicing  Biblical hospitality which doesn't always mean having someone over to our homes.
It can be as simple as bringing a meal to a family, treating a woman to coffee or tea at your favorite restaurant. Jen shares ideas that I never even considered to be hospitality. Ideas like visiting a senior home with your children and bring cards to them and not just during holidays. Bringing snacks for the parents at your children's sports events.
Jen shares so much more than I can write in this review but what it all boils down to is when we practice Biblical hospitality we are being the hands and feet of Jesus.
I can't of anything negative about Just Open the Door. I really would recommend this book for anyone who wants to practice hospitality but just don't know where to start.
Jen Schmidt writes on her blog Balancing Beauty and Bedlam. She and her husband Gregg are the parents of five and live in rural N.C.

I was given a copy of this book from Lifeway.com in exhange for my honest review.

Moving My Blog

 After still trying to figure out the subscription thing with MailChimp and never having success, I've decided to go ahead and use my Wo...