Thursday, June 21, 2018

Happy First Day of Summer!

Hello dear friends! I apologize for being away for so long. We've just been here.
We have had opportunities to help families at church in various capacities. It's been a pleasure to help where needed most.  And it's been a pleasure to apply what I learned from the book " Just Open the Door" to our lives.
As a matter of fact my Kaitlyn my 17 year old is practicing " out of the blue" hospitality by inviting the high school youth group girls from church to our house for movie night next month. Without asking me first. Oh my goodness! This will be interesting.

We had baby birds again in the past month but they left the nest today so we are a little sad. You babysit them and keep predators away and they show their thanks by growing up and flying away somewhere nearby!

My tomato plant is finally blooming and we just can't wait for lots of tomatoes. I hope to get over to Lowe's this week to pick up some potting soil and a mint plant to put in my very special planter I bought our local Shopko. Sadly our Shopko is closing at the end of this month with the reasons being poor business decisions.
After I get my mint planted, I will post a picture and you will see why I love this planter.

Recently I've been dealing with frustration over redeeming a offer for a free magazine subscriptions. The first time I tried to redeem an offer about two months ago I chose Victoria. A few weeks later instead of Victoria, they sent a trashy tabloid called Entertainment Weekly. Well there was no way, I was going to allow that garbage in my house. So I immediately called to cancel though I feel like I was talking to a robot but the magazine was canceled.

Three weeks ago I received an offer for a free magazine subscription this time one of the choices amongst all the other icky was Southern Living. I chose that one and even got a confirmation that I should get my first issue of Southern Living in about three week to four weeks.

Two days ago Shannon brought in the mail and says "You are going to love the magazine you got" She then hands me the June issue of, well I won't say but it's extremely popular among women.  I'm like, I didn't subscribe to this! She then says " Okay then how about this one?"(With a grin on her face) It's the July issue of the magazine I don't want to mention the name of. Let's just say this magazine is very New Age, feminist, so very worldly. I had to go online to cancel this one because there was no phone number for customers to call.

At this point, I've given up on free subscription offers. I will just pay for my Christian magazines like Keepers at Home and not worry about trash coming into our home.

Well I have to eat breakfast and get started on my household chores. I hope you all get out and enjoy the the Lord's creation.



Moving My Blog

 After still trying to figure out the subscription thing with MailChimp and never having success, I've decided to go ahead and use my Wo...