Saturday, July 14, 2018

Good Morning!

Good morning girls! Thank you all for your comments in my last post regarding my lupus and Tim's  back. And I especially thank you for your prayers. They really mean alot.
So our insurance has approved for me to see a rheumatologist and I'm waiting for paperwork from them to arrive so I can fill out and return before I can get an appointment. I'm glad we don't have to go all the way Flagstaff or Phoenix. It's monsoon here and going out of town during a treacherous thunderstorm makes for a very nervous mama.

Tim will be making an appointment to get a MRI of his spine. He has sciatica and his xray showed he has bone spurs along his spine. Our doctor also recommended and referred him to a neurosurgeon. In. Flagstaff.
So we will probably end up having an appointment at the end of August because the doctors here refer their patients to Flagstaff due to the fact that he is apparently one of  top neurosurgeons around. As a result, there is a long wait for an appointment.  This actually will work because by then, the monsoons will have tapered off.

The last time, we went to Flagstaff during a monsoon was in 2016, when we first moved here and our friend who used to live in Santa Barbara wanted us to look at house that was for sale across the street from her. Being new to Arizona and not knowing that it can be 90° and sunny one moment and thunderstorms and 63° two hours later, we drove to Flagstaff.

 We got caught in  heavy thunderstorm on the way up. I must say, by the time we got to Flagstaff, we were hungry, tired and very. Very. Cranky.
It was good to see our friend and visit with the sweet lady whose house was for sale. Though the house was nice and it came with rental income due to mobile homes on the property we just weren't impressed with Flagstaff. It was just to high and though we love snow, I know we would get tired of it. We also didn't want to deal with the headache of being landlords and people with questionable morals.

I finally found out what the birds are that have a nest in our eaves. They are house finches. There is yet another set of babies coming. It seems as soon as the last babies left home, another mama showed up and has laid her eggs.
I hope to get a picture of these pretty birds but you can Google a picture to see what they look like.

Anyway, that's what's happening here. I have several books to read and review. Not quite sure how having only one or two review books to read turned into four. I also hope to post a Simple Woman's Daybook soon. I hope you all have a great weekend!

Moving My Blog

 After still trying to figure out the subscription thing with MailChimp and never having success, I've decided to go ahead and use my Wo...