Tuesday, July 24, 2018

Sometimes I Want to Cry

Sometimes I want to  cry. I cried  for Tia Coleman, who lost nine of her family members including her husband and all her children in the duck boat accident. I cried for the teenaged girl whose grandmother died while saving her .  I cried for a sweet young lady nicknamed Bunny who is struggling with depression and anxiety. I cry for lost souls and for people who criticize us Christian wives for wanting to be our husband's greatest encourager. They somehow think we approve of bad behavior from our husbands which is simply not true.  I cry because my pain medication doesn't seem to be working.

But I cry happy tears too. Like when the newest baby at our church was born a few days ago. Or when a friend has finished her last chemo treatment for breast cancer.

Prayer requests: Pray for Tia Coleman and all the other suvivors of the duck boat accident. Pray that they will seek the Lord through this terrible tragedy.

Pray for Bunny as she struggles with her faith and that she will be encouraged and strengthened.

Pray that I can get an earlier  doctor appointment. The earliest I can be seen by the rheumatologist is August 27th. I'm planning on asking my primary doctor for either a different pain medication or a stronger strength of the gabapentin. Some of the more bothersome side affects like crankiness have subsided.

I was looking at some of my old labs  results from CA online last week and was rather surprised to see that I have tbeen testing positive for lupus since 2008 ANA levels are what is used to check for lupus and each lab report was positive. This was after my recovery from TTP. For those of you who are wondering, TTP stands for Thrombotic Thrombocytopenic Purpura.( I  honestly think someone made up that name) This is a condition in which the platelets drop to a extremely dangerous level. When I was diagnosed my platelets were 10,000. Normal is 150,000 and above.

So now I'm wondering did I actually already have lupus long  before I was diagnosed with TTP or did the TTP cause it? I guess I will never know for sure.
I'm wondering why my doctors  mentioned it to me. Maybe because I wasn't having any symptoms?

This post is longer than I met it to be. Actually  I started it yesterday but my hands hurt and today, I took several breaks from typing due to pain.
Thank you for all your prayers,  ladies.  I'm so thankful for prayer warriors like you all!

Moving My Blog

 After still trying to figure out the subscription thing with MailChimp and never having success, I've decided to go ahead and use my Wo...