Sunday, May 31, 2020

Dr. King Is Turning Over in His Grave

Dr. Martin Luther King would never have approved of the violent and looting protests over George Floyd's death. Never! Yes people have a right to be angry. People have a right to peaceful protests but no one and I mean no one has a right to throw a temper tantrum ( yes I called it a temper tantrum!) and damage private or property and loot stores! 

Our governor has now issued a statewide curfew from 8:00 - 5am until June 8th.  I'm angry about that but I'm not angry at our governor. I'm angry that because some protesters don't know how to behave and now the rest of us are being punished.  
 I'm angry because I keep coming across social media outlets saying " Justice for George!" even though the officer involved has arrested and the violent protests and riots continue. Yes, this officer (now former officer) should be punished for his crime and the other now former officers who allegedly stood by too.  Also if George Floyd had survived he would have been punished for his crime too.

I get dismayed at the Black Lives Matter movement.  If they really truly believe that Black Lives Matter, then try a peaceful protest in front of an abortion clinic where black babies are slaughtered violently in the womb all in the name of "pro-choice".  Do  those black lives matter? 

And how are we as Christ followers are to respond to these protests? How are we to respond to protests against stay at home orders? We respond with prayer. Prayer for the protesters and for safety of police officers that have to try to keep the peace. 

I think if I weren't a Christ follower  I'd stage my own protest against the violent murder of Sasha Krause. I believe her killer should be charged with a hate crime due to his hatred towards Mennonites and probably all Christians.  "Justice for Sasha" my signs would say! But instead I'm praying justice for her. Her name will be added to my copy of The Martyrs Mirror for  I believe she was truly martyred her faith.
 And I will be praying for peace and calm with all the protests that is going on.





Moving My Blog

 After still trying to figure out the subscription thing with MailChimp and never having success, I've decided to go ahead and use my Wo...