Saturday, May 16, 2020

Things I Learned During Lockdown

First of all thank you all for your lovely Mother's Day wishes.  They warmed my heart! Second I hope to get the wrist pin cushion tutorial up some time next week. This week got away from me somehow.

So getting back to the topic at hand on what I have learned during lockdown in our lovely state of Arizona. 

 1. God really is in control. I've known this fact ever since I became a believer.  I don't have the answers to explain why God didn't stop this pandemic.  I do know that people are fearful and are seeking answers from Christians.

2.  People can't make up their minds.  They demand the governor give a stay at home order and then they change their minds and demand he reopens the state.   I saw in the news Some here gathered in Phoenix last month to protest. Many didn't wear masks or practice social distancing. 

3. Lemon Oreos are really delicious! Now before all you original Oreo purists   get upset and hit the unsubscribe button let me explain.😊
I've always enjoyed the original Oreos. There is nothing like that yummy chocolate cookie with the vanilla cream.  We frown upon weird flavors like Tiramisu , Salted Caramel and the others out there. We do like to buy Mint Oreos occassionally. 
So about Lemon Oreo, my friend from Bible  study dropped off a care package that included Double Stuff  Oreos and Lemon Oreos. I had never heard of  this flavor but I tried them and my family tried them and now we are all hooked.

3. I really like sewing again.  I've enjoyed sewing masks and improving my sewing skills.

4. I hate sewing. I get frustrated when I keep making the same mistakes and ripping out seams. But I in reality  do enjoy sewing. ☺

5. It's okay to dress up to watch your live stream church service. I gave myself permission to wear my Sunday dresses even though I would just change when the broadcast was over. 

6. It's hard not worshipping with my  church family but it's even harder on our church leadership and I'm sure it's that way with all your pastors too.  Our shepherds long to see their flocks again. Some pastors are even getting mean emails, texts etc from impatient church members and to me that is just plain wrong.

7. I love Walmart pickup.  I had seen the funny ads on YouTube so when Walmart started limiting the amount of customers in the store we decided to give their pickup service a try. We like this service and it's so nice to have someone else do the shopping. You shop and pay online, go to pick up your groceries and they even load your car.
It's also helps prevent impulse buying.

8. YouTube has exploded with how to sew masks videos, COVID-19 song parodies and misinformation about the virus. It's funny how many of the masks videos claim to be the "easiest mask ever" to make.
 
9. I still don't understand why people were hoarding toilet paper. 

10. I'm a wimp and I can't say no to guests.  People ( though very few) were coming and going here at my house for the past several weeks so I just gave this issue to the Lord.  All are various  young people who  either have poor home lives or no local family so I am trusting  God would bless our hospitality efforts and protect us from the virus. 

Moving My Blog

 After still trying to figure out the subscription thing with MailChimp and never having success, I've decided to go ahead and use my Wo...