Monday, August 3, 2020

Using Descretion With Social Media

In my last post I mentioned I signed up for Instagram. When I first signed up not knowing how it works, I immediately disabled my account because in the recommended sites to follow there were all these yucky celebrities.  I'm think ewwww gross I don't want to follow those icky people!
However, my daughters told me you get recommend sites based on who you follow and who follows you so I enabled my account and the rest is history. 
As I learn( and still learning) how Instagram works I want to share the following advice and caution for having any of the popular social media sites for all of us who are new to these sites. These are the things I've observed on Instagram as I know nothing about the other social media sites.

1. Be mindful of who you follow particularly if they claim to be Christian. I've noticed there is a lot of false teaching out there.

2. Use caution when receiving a "Follow" request. Check their site for information about them. Some accounts are private but they will have a small bio in the introduction. If it doesn't seem right then just delete the request. There are some that create accounts for the purpose of spamming users.

3. I highly recommend you set your account to private so  you approve or delete  follow requests.   I don't know if they will receive a notice it was deleted. I highly doubt it. This way only your followers can see and comment on your page.

4. Guard your time. I'm having fun I must admit and it's been a joy connecting again with old friends from my old homeschool group and MOPS group ( Mothers of Preschoolers) in California.  But too much time on social media can better be spent reading God's Word and in prayer.

  

Moving My Blog

 After still trying to figure out the subscription thing with MailChimp and never having success, I've decided to go ahead and use my Wo...