Monday, August 2, 2010

Been Awhile

I realize it's been awhile since I posted. Ive been busy with homemaker stuff so didn't have the time to post updates.
Did some canning and sewing which kept me rather busy. I'm praying about whether to take a sewing class again in the fall. I rather enjoyed it when I took it in the spring but it was rather uncomfortable at the same time being with people who aren't Christians. Sometimes the words that came out of the women's mouth was shocking. But I will continue to be a light amongst the darkness should the Lord opens up the doors for me to take the sewing class.
That being said I still have so much I need to learn about sewing so I can make my cape dress. I have a wonderful pattern but I'm not comfortable making it on my own. Then I'm also wondering if only ladies who are familiar with constructing a cape dress and know the principles as to why it is made the way it is would be better equipped to help me.

Ideally I would like my cape dress to be my sewing project for class but I'm thinking I need to complete the sewing lessons in Christian Light workbooks first. One of the lessons in the third book of the sewing curriculum is sewing a baby or small doll dress. I'm thinking once I master that project, then perhaps the cape dress will be a breeze.

Moving My Blog

 After still trying to figure out the subscription thing with MailChimp and never having success, I've decided to go ahead and use my Wo...