So I want to share my answers to the last five questions I posted a few days ago. But before I do that I want to go back to question 1 about worshiping well with others. Our pastor reminded us today that worship is not just about the music. It's about spending time with the Lord giving Him complete reverence. An active response to God. I'm not sure where we got the idea that worship is about the music only. Perhaps it could be because we call those who lead us into song "worship leaders" or "worship teams"? Maybe they should be simply known as "song leaders" or "music directors". I don't know. I guess I'm just rambling.
Okay, getting back to the topic here are my last 5 answers.
6. How much joy do you have? I gave myself an 8 though I could have given myself an 9. I like to consider myself a joyful person but let's face it. There are times when I just don't feel joy. When things are going badly I want to crawl under the covers and wait for things to get better. Then there are people who are joy suckers. You know who they are. The ones who are always negative and never have anything good to say. I'm part of a online community who have such people. There will be a sweet picture of a child doing whatever kids do and someone will say something negative like "That child shouldn't____"" Or why is he/she doing ______?" I've come to the conclusion these people are just negative and honestly don't have any joy in their lives.
7. Are you a loving person? I scored 8. I would have loved to say 10. I hate to admit it but there have been people in my life and in churches I just don't like. There are celebrities I just don't like. That's no excuse though for not loving them. I think the people we don't like are the ones who may need our prayers the most.
8. Do you have peace in your life? I said 9. I have more peace now thanks to devoting myself more to prayer and God's Word.
9. Are you a patient person? I'm extremely embarrassed about this one. I gave myself a 3. I get impatient waiting on the Lord for answer. I get very impatient with people who want to argue the validity of the Bible. Truth be told, I have wanted to tell them how stupid they sound. But there was a time before I became a Christian, I was "ignorant" of the scriptures and well, I said stupid things.
10. Are you kind towards others? I scored 8. Over the years that I have been saved, I realize I want to treat others the way, I want to be treated. So I try to be kind. Even when they are driving me crazy and I've lost my patience with them, I want to be kind. I really want to try better to be "Jesus with skin on."
So that's my check-up for this year. There are areas from this check-up I need to improve and grow in. Lord willing, next January, I hope to be doing better.