Sunday, February 5, 2017

Tim's Heart Attack

I shared last week my husband had a heart attack and since then I find my faith has been shaken. My mind is full of what ifs. What if Tim had died? What if he has another heart attack?
I know the Lord is watching over us. I know it was the prayers of family and friends who got him through this.

Needless to say, his heart attack has changed our lives forever. It has caused us to reevaluate our eating habits. Now this is not going to be easy. I bought a couple of Christian healthy cookbooks from the company that publishes Keepers at Home magazine. One is called  Healthy Choices which is full of recipes from Keepers at Home subscribers and the other one is Good and Healthy Cooking by Amanda and Marie Stoltzfus. Both cookbooks have recipes with no sugar, white flour and no artificial ingredients.
So begins my quest for a healthier family.

8 comments:

  1. Praying for your husband's (and family's)health, as well as your peace of mind. You can do this!

    My own DH has Polycystic Kidney Disease, stage 4, and we have had to make changes. The future can be uncertain, but in the words of a (now passed) young man from our church, God's got me! And He has YOU, too. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praying for you as you start this new adventure in meal preparations, Regina. I can certainly understand the what if's land that you have found yourself in since your husband's heart attack. I went through a similar time after my husband fell ten feet off our house roof in September. Praying for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can understand that fear, I really can. I almost talked my Jack out of his first colonoscopy. If he had listened it would have been very bad as he had polyps one stage away from cancer. I am sure praying for you guys, We made a lot of changes in our eating habits as well because we are both diabetic now. We have both managed to lose weight and feel a lot better.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, Regina - I'm so sorry to hear about your husband's heart attack. It sounds like you are starting the right path to better eating habits. I do still have some of the Blue Apron Meals to give away. Will you please send me your name and email address at stone.cottage.adv (at) cox.net? -Marci @ Stone Cottage Adventures

    ReplyDelete
  5. Father God, I pray for complete healing and restoration for Tim. I pray for faith and hope and trust for Regina. Give her your SHALOM peace. Perfect peace. Nothing broken. Nothing Missing.
    Amen.

    Philippians 4 my dear.

    With a hug,
    Laura of Harvest Lane Cottage

    ReplyDelete
  6. I pray for you with all my heart. Marlène from France.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dear Regina. What a difficult week or so for you and your husband. Little changes, big changes in lifestyle....I pray that the Lord directs every step of your 'next thing'. From another praying one, D.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Blessings to you on this journey - and I pray for peace for you as well! Changing a diet and lifestyle of eating isn't the easiest - but can be done. I'm had to implement many major changes in diet in the last years... sigh. Hang in there! God is faithful!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcome but all rude, disrespectful, or comments that go against the Word of God will be rejected. Spam is not welcome so please do not even try! Thank you for your comments.