Saturday, September 21, 2019

Ministering to Someone Who Does Not Like You

I'm going to be ministering soon to a lady and her family who has made it clear that she does not like me. She is attends our church and is a part one of  ministries at church but for the life of me I can't figure out why she doesn't like me or what I could have done to her. I thought it was all in my head but she refuses to talk to me. She doesn't smile at me or even acknowledge my presence.  If I were very brave I would just ask her if I've done anything to offend her but this has been happening ever since we started attending this fellowship.

Because her family is going through a very rough time now I don't want to ask her why but honestly I'm terrified of going to her house because I'm afraid she will ignore me. Thankfully her husband will be there.
My husband too will be with me so I won't feel so intimidated by her.

Now you are probably wondering why I would minister to someone who can't stand me? It's because I want to. Because I'm looking at this picture of Dirk Willems( martyred Dutch Anabaptist) rescuing his jailer who fell through the ice while pursuing him after Dirk escaped from jail. The scripture that says "Love your enemies and bless them that curse you." Matthew 5:44



So even though this lady is my "enemy" she is also my sister in Christ and I pray she will receive me in her home as a sister in Christ too.

One a different note my daughter Kaitlyn and I thank you all for praying for her after her oral surgery. Her mouth feels much better and she is well enough to attend and sing in church tomorrow.  Praise our Heavenly Father!

Moving My Blog

 After still trying to figure out the subscription thing with MailChimp and never having success, I've decided to go ahead and use my Wo...