Sunday, March 1, 2020

Women of Faith -Fanny Crosby

Fanny Crosby  ( March 24th 1820 - February 12th 1915) is one of my favorite hymn writers. She was blinded shortly after birth  but that didn't stop her from writing more than 8,000 hymns and gospel songs.

Some things I read about her I wasn't aware of was she was married to man named Alexander van Alstyne who also was blind. They had a daughter named Frances who sadly died in her sleep soon after birth possibly of what we now know as SIDS (Sudden Infant Death Syndrome) which inspired Fanny to write the hymn " Safe in the Arms of Jesus".

Fanny Crosby wrote  many hymns that have touched my heart and encouraged me and I love when our church sings a Fanny Crosby song.
My absolute favorite that I actually found out this morning Fanny Crosby wrote is "Praise Him! Praise Him!". We were singing it this morning and I checked to see who the hymn writer was and saw her name.
Anyway if you have a  hymnal in your home or if your church has hymnals, see how many songs there are by Fanny Crosby. I'm sure you will find many.



Moving My Blog

 After still trying to figure out the subscription thing with MailChimp and never having success, I've decided to go ahead and use my Wo...