Tuesday, March 17, 2020

Women of Faith- Gladys King

Note- I apologize for my lack of posting lately in this series. My goal originally was to post daily but currently I'm dealing with family issues and staying calm with this whole COVID-19 crisis.


Gladys King ( March 17th 1934- February 10th 2008) had an incredible faith.  She suffered many trials throughout her life but that didn't stop her from trusting God to see her through.  She couldn't  get to church on Sundays when her children were little so she instead would listen to church services on the radio( Los Angeles station KGFJ) both in the morning and evening. It was a joy to her and her children learned many gospels songs but gospel music was way better back then.

She was a nurse and loved watching medical shows on television and would complain about  inaccurate medical  procedures she would see.
She'd make sure her daughters had new Easter dresses on Easter and new shirts for her son even though they didn't get to go to church.

There would be occasions when she and her oldest daughter would butt heads over issues like scriptural basis for women being pastors, whether some televangelist were false teachers or not and whether to follow a recipe or just wing it.
She would tell her children that when you come across disagreeable people, just pray for them.

Gladys King passed on to her heavenly reward on February 10th 2008 from breast cancer. I miss my mother and wish she were here. I could sure use her godly wisdom right now.
Happy birthday in heaven Mama!




Moving My Blog

 After still trying to figure out the subscription thing with MailChimp and never having success, I've decided to go ahead and use my Wo...