Thursday, March 5, 2020

Wome of Faith - Elisabeth Elliot

I think many of you may be familiar with Elisabeth Elliot (December 26th 1926- June 15th 2015). Her first husband Jim Elliot and four others were killed in 1956 by members of the Auca ( now called the Huaroni) tribe while trying to make missionary contact with them in Ecuador . There was a 2006  movie made about this tragic event called "The End of the Spear".

I didn't learn about Elisabeth Elliot until about two years before she passed away and I didn't know her husband was Jim Elliot.
What I find interesting about Elisabeth is she became a missionary to the tribe that killed her husband.

Elisabeth Elliot was more than just the wife of Jim Elliot. She was an author and speaker who spoke at many women's conferences .  She had a radio show called Gateway to Joy which is still heard on some stations and she wasn't afraid to stand up for the gospel.

Elisabeth had her share of suffering.  Not only did she lose her first husband but she lost her second husband Addison, to cancer.  Dementia ultimately stole her brilliant mind during the last ten years of her life.

I'm not sure how many of her books are still in print, but many can be found on Amazon and Lifeway publishers.






Moving My Blog

 After still trying to figure out the subscription thing with MailChimp and never having success, I've decided to go ahead and use my Wo...