Monday, March 27, 2017

Modest Mondays

Hello dear ladies! I hope you all had a pleasant weekend.  For the month of March I've been posting on modesty on Mondays. Today is the last day but that doesn't mean I won't explore the topic again.
Today I want to share ideas on where to find modest clothing.

1. Thrift stores. There are lots of modest outfits one can put together from thrift store finds.

2. Sew your own. You can find patterns at fabric stores and online. For those of you who have much experience with sewing you can alter patterns to make it more modest. The same goes for thrift store clothing. I would like to add that unless you have very strong convictions get colors of fabric you really like. Being modest doesn't mean wearing ugly drab colors. A pastor once preached that you don't have to wear potato sacks to be modest. He was exaggerating of course but he was telling the ladies to choose appropriate fabrics and colors.

3. Hold a free clothing exchange. This is a lot of fun. All you do get together with several ladies who bring their used unwanted clothing to exchange with other ladies. No money is exchanged  at all. You can start small by organizing it at your church. You can have them bring anything they want,clothing, shoes, jewelry, etc. The sky's the Limit! The rule is everything must be free.
So everyone goes home with new to them clothing.  If a lady or girl has nothing to contribute to an exchange that's okay. They can come anyway.


I hope this post has been helpful. Before I close this post I do want to warn us all about being  prideful in our modesty. There is nothing worse than a Christian lady who is modestly dressed and having a holier than thou attitude.  It is a poor witness on our part and grieves the Lord.

I apologize for posting this so late. I got busy this morning and forgot to post. Have a blessed day!


5 comments:

  1. What great ideas! And you are correct about attitude being just as (if not even more) important than physical dress. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It has been a while since I viewed the pattern books...maybe six months or so, but I was having trouble at that time finding modest patterns as well. Thrift stores are definitely a good place to look because it is much more modest than can be found in the stores, ready-made.

    Thank you, Regina, for the time you have invested in this series. I have enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good Evening Mrs. Regina,

    This has been a good series. Thanks for sharing your tips and suggestions.

    Blessings,
    Mrs.B

    ReplyDelete
  4. Regina,

    I just came upon your blog and it is truly a lovely place to visit.

    I loved all of your ideas for dressing modestly. In fact, I might borrow your idea for the clothing exchange at my church.

    I just started a blog and if you have time, I would be so happy if you could stop by and visit.

    Blessings!

    Hasi

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good morning, dear friend! I just loved this post and I must say that a clothing exchange sounds like a lot of fun :) I will have to remember that.

    Wishing you a joyous and blessed week! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcome but all rude, disrespectful, or comments that go against the Word of God will be rejected. Spam is not welcome so please do not even try! Thank you for your comments.