Monday, April 17, 2017

Creating a War Room

Awhile back I had the opportunity to watch the movie War Room on DVD.  I don't always like to watch Christian movies because some have doctrinal issues I don't agree with or the cast may have lifestyles that are contrary to God's Word.
So anyway, I came away with the idea of creating one's own war room or prayer closet. I must say at the time, I didn't think I really needed to have a quiet space to pray because I usually just have my quiet time in my bedroom in the mornings.
Well that has changed recently and now I am done! Satan can mess with me all he wants but when he messes with my family, this means WAR!

I've decided to clear a small area in our walk-in closet for my war room. I'm still working on it. I have clutter and it so happens this weeks Flylady zone is the master area which is the bedroom, closet and bath. Thankfully the tasks this week are things I've done already so I can work on my war room space. When it's complete, I will post a picture of what I've done.

What does one need for a war room?
1.Space! It doesn't need to be huge. Do you have a closet that has stuff than can be put somewhere else? How about a spare bedroom? Do you have a space in your bedroom, that you can corner off to get alone with God?

2. Bible and pen.

3.Post it notes for writing names and prayer requests

4. A pillow for kneeling on or a small chair

5. If you are a headcovering lady, a veil or scarf if you don't cover all the time. I don't always get dressed right away when I get up in the mornings so I will have my quiet time in my jammies.

6. Tissues because many times we will be in tears.

7. A listening heart. Sometimes we are so busy talking to God we forget to take the time to listen.

I hope this has helped any of you who want to create your own prayer area. For more ideas go to

http://www.projectinspired.com/10-ideas-to-create-your-own-war-room/

Have a blessed day ladies!



Moving My Blog

 After still trying to figure out the subscription thing with MailChimp and never having success, I've decided to go ahead and use my Wo...