Thursday, April 27, 2017

Meet Little Bertha

  That thing  called a pressure canner. I had never pressure canned before because they look so menacing! Remember  on I Love Lucy when Ricky tried to pressure cook two chicken and the thing exploded?😦😄
Well I did a test run to familiarize myself with using Little Bertha(my name for the canner) scared me half to death when it was making strange noises. After watching another canning video I realized it was actually behaving itself the first time.

Anyway, my first pressure canning was a success. (After I got over the initial dear of the thing!) I canned three pints of beans and now I can't wait to try again!

4 comments:

  1. Good Job, Regina!
    Now,send me some. lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job, my friend! I loved it that you can't wait to use Little Berth again! That's the way canning is...it gets into your blood! haha I am the same way in the summer months.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had to laugh when you said it scared you to death. Years ago the older pressure cookers had issues but I've heard they have come a long way.
    I have a pressure cooker that was my grandmother's,it must be 70 years old!
    I do not use it to pressure cook, but it's great for making cream puff pastry in.
    The joys of canning, good for you. :-)
    I want to thank you for your sweet comment on my latest post and I appreciate you wanting to pray should I have a need. You are a blessed sister in the Lord.
    God bless you~~

    ReplyDelete
  4. Canning is so great - it can be addictive, but you are providing healthy meals for your family in the days to come. Well done!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcome but all rude, disrespectful, or comments that go against the Word of God will be rejected. Spam is not welcome so please do not even try! Thank you for your comments.