Thursday, April 27, 2017

Meet Little Bertha

  That thing  called a pressure canner. I had never pressure canned before because they look so menacing! Remember  on I Love Lucy when Ricky tried to pressure cook two chicken and the thing exploded?😦😄
Well I did a test run to familiarize myself with using Little Bertha(my name for the canner) scared me half to death when it was making strange noises. After watching another canning video I realized it was actually behaving itself the first time.

Anyway, my first pressure canning was a success. (After I got over the initial dear of the thing!) I canned three pints of beans and now I can't wait to try again!

Moving My Blog

 After still trying to figure out the subscription thing with MailChimp and never having success, I've decided to go ahead and use my Wo...