Friday, November 24, 2017

Another Thanksgiving Has Come and Gone

Yesterday was a sweet Thanksgiving but it was also hard because my oldest daughter is overseas on a missions trip. She messaged my husband to let us know they had gone through the Panama Canal. She misses us and we miss her terribly but we know God has some good things planned for her and the team.

Our meal was great and I want to pass along some tips for meal prep that helped me not dread preparing the Thanksgiving meal. You can use these for Christmas or any special occassion.

1. If you are going to roast your turkey, use oven bags. The only company I know of that makes them is Reynolds though I'm sure there must be more.
The turkey is juicier, reduces roasting time and clean up is easier which leads to numbet two.

2. Use a disposable roasting pan. I got my at Dollar Tree for, you guessed it a dollar. I hate cleaning roasting pans so with the roasting bag and disposable pan, I'm able to just gather them both and toss. Note: Always, I repeat always support pan with a cookie sheet, otherwise you run the risk of a severe burn. Believe me, there is no fun in spending the holiday at the ER!

3. Clean up as you cook. If you have a dishwasher load each utensil, dish or pan in the dishwasher so you don't have a huge mess to clean after your meal.
If you don't have a dishwasher then have a sink ready with soapy water to wash your dishes.

4. When it comes to buying  for your holiday meal check your local dollar type store.
I bought my disposable pan, stuffing and broth all at Dollar Tree. Some of you might live near the 99 Cent Only store. That was our favorite store when we lived in CA.
You can also find Ziplock type containers there too and " doggie bag containers".

I hope these ideas will help you have a little less stress when planning your next holiday gathering, whatever that holiday may be.


Switching topics, yesterday for the first time ever since I blogging, I had to reject a comment.
It seems that this woman who wanted to argue with me over at a blog I follow, wanted to continue over on my blog. I had let her know on the other blog that I didn't want to get into a comment war with her. I ended with the scripture Proverbs 25:11 "An encouraging word is like apples of gold in pictures of silver." I guess that made her angry so that's why she tried at my blog.

She always writes in all caps and in Spanish. My Spanish is very limited but I can tell that that she was very angry with me and others who don't agree with her. She claims to be a Christian but she seems very rude and judgemental.

She doesn't have a blog so I have no idea how to block her or if I even can. Any ideas will  be helpful.
What did she want to argue about you may be wondering? It was over Christmas and whether it was Biblical or not.

The thing is, I never even argued with her over that. I asked her and someone else asked her to please not write in all caps. Someone else asked her to post in English since she apparently spoke English.

I'm guessing she targeted me  because most people will comment anonymously but I like to use my name.
I do hope I seen the last of her on my blog and hopefully over at the over blog. Maybe she will give up and find someone else to argue with. She reminded me of the odious woman in Proverbs that Debi Pearl in Created to Be His Helpmeet warns us not to become.

Moving My Blog

 After still trying to figure out the subscription thing with MailChimp and never having success, I've decided to go ahead and use my Wo...