Thursday, November 30, 2017

Avoiding Scams and Rip Offs Part 1

Photo by Hanny Naibiho courtesy Unspash.com

The holidays are here which means thieves are lurking about ready to steal from unsuspecting victims. I will try to offer some tips that I hope will keep you from becoming a victim.
Phone Scams:
1. Your computer is sending error messages. Ladies your computer is not sending error messages. Windows techs do not call people telling them their computer is sending error messages. The caller wants to take control of your computer and steal your information. Just hang up if they call.

2.Sherrif Scam/IRS
I've read about this recently. The scammer will call posing as a sheriff. The caller will tell you there is a warrant out for your arrest  because you owe money and you can avoid jail time by paying x amount of money.  Law enforcement officers will never alert someone over the phone if there is a warrant. If they did this real criminals would skip town.

3. Charity Solicitors 
These are hardest to discern real ones from fake ones. It's better to just donate to a charity you are familiar with or note the name of the charity and look it up online.


I'm sure there are phone scams I'm forgetting but these are the ones that come to mind.
So ladies please be careful!
Next I will  discuss shopping online and in stores.

Moving My Blog

 After still trying to figure out the subscription thing with MailChimp and never having success, I've decided to go ahead and use my Wo...