Monday, November 6, 2017

Confession Time- Last Night I Whined to God

First of all I want to thank you all for your kind comments regarding my oldest daughter Miranda leaving on a long missons trip. They are very comforting to me. She and the team from YWAM Bishop, who are friends of our since all our kids were little, will fly out on the 16th.

So now I will explain why I whined to God last night. Yesterday we drove Miranda to Las Vegas to meet up with our friend from Bishop who was housesitting so they can drive back to Bishop together. That was fine.
So we drove back to AZ and we stopped in a small town outside of Kingman,AZ for gas and potty break. That was fine. It was fine until we were leaving the parking lot and Tim says "Really?" I'm thinking perhaps the driver in front of us did something silly because we saw alot of that during the drive. Tim says "Why isn't the alternator alternating?" I'm thinking this is not good and so I'm praying that the car would continue to work but the car wasn't having it. The headlights were starting to dim and the car was starting to die. I kept praying that we would get to Kingman where it was well lit but nope that didn't happen.
We ended up pulling over to the side of the road in the middle of no where it was dark and all we could see were the lights of Kingman which was an hour away. That's when the whining started. (Cue the violin music) "God why didn't You honor my prayer?" "How can I trust You to keep my daughter safe while on her mission trip  when you won't honor a simple request to keep our car running?"  I was very much pitiful.

After we pulled over Tim called our friend(praise God for cell signals despite being in Nowhere Land)  who are three hours away. So making a long story short, we got around rescued 11:30 last night. Our friend had a trailer to load our car on and off we went. We got home around 3 this morning,.
So these are the things I was thankful for last night:
We were kept safe from cars because our hazard lights quit working
Thankful there were signals on our cell phones because usually in remote areas like that there is no cell service
This one might be tmi but were girls were grateful for empty drink cups, napkins and hand sanitizer because there wasn't a potty around
Thankful for the bright moon which shown on our car after the hazard light dimmed out
Thankful for our friend who we think is an angel in disguise who came to get us
Thankful God got us home safely even though, it wasn't the way I had planned.

Ladies, I confess I'm still a little troubled that God didn't answer my prayer to keep our car running our whole trip. And yes I'm worried that God won't keep Miranda safe as she won't be in  very safe places.
This is a hard thing for me to admit because I always thought my faith was strong. If last night was a test, I failed miserably.


Moving My Blog

 After still trying to figure out the subscription thing with MailChimp and never having success, I've decided to go ahead and use my Wo...