Tuesday, April 24, 2018

Feeling Better

Hello my dear friends! Thank you all for your comments and prayers. I'm feeling better but void of energy, still coughing and the runny nose won't quit. I  managed to feel well enough to get dressed though.  I had spent the last several days on the couch in jammies and going through boxes of Kleenex. 

 Our couch is near one of the sliding glass doors that goes out to the patio. There is a bird nest  up in the eaves which has some new babies.  I made it my mission that I was going to " babysit" when mama bird was out getting food. I figured it was the least I can do since I was too sick to do anything around the house. By babysit I mean keeping predators away which has never happened since we moved here. Until two days ago. My teen daughter who has made herself  " grandma" to the bird babies was yelling there was a large bird trying to get at the babies. Well there was no way, that was going to happen on my clock so I opened the sliding door to go outside to shoo it away, stressing my poor husband out because I was still sick. In my pajamas. Barefoot.
Thankfully the bird flew away before it could take one of the babies and further traumatizing daughter and me.
Lessons I learned:
1. When one is sick, it's not the time to be Captain Bird Woman of Arizona!

2. I probably would have shocked our next door neighbors and they would avoid me at all cost.

3. Nature can be cruel.  I know God takes care of his creation and the reality is as much as we enjoy seeing our little birdies we can't watch them 24/7

4. I might have accidentally knocked the nest down then I would be in trouble.

Well that's it for now. My next two posts will be book reviews, one of which is very much overdue.

Moving My Blog

 After still trying to figure out the subscription thing with MailChimp and never having success, I've decided to go ahead and use my Wo...